Scouting for Food bag distribution is Saturday, January 31st from 9AM – 12PM. Meet Mr. Moehl at the Church. We need every available Scout, Leader, and parent to help with this activity.
Troop 224 collects food donations from over 1500 homes in the Wolf Creek, Hendrix, Briarcliff, Stone Bridge, Baypath, and Rivers Run subdivisions. Participants should Be Prepared by wearing warm clothing. Maps and bags will be provided.
Scouting for Food bag collection and food sorting is Saturday, February 7th from 9 AM- 2 PM. Meet Mr. Moehl at the Church. We need every available Scout, Leader, and parent to help with this activity. Participants should Be Prepared by wearing warm clothing. Maps will be provided.
This annual collection supports the food pantry at Grace Lutheran for many months and is critical to our community. Scouts will earn service hours for rank advancement. Somewhere amongst your layers of clothing, wear a Class A shirt.
Remember – Many hands make light work! Thanks in advance for your support.
Depart this Friday at 6:00 pm from Grace Lutheran Church,
Return Saturday night about midnight
- Everyone should have dinner before coming to GLC
- Arrive GLC by 5:50 pm so we can depart at 6:00pm. Meet under the pavilion.
- Bring ski clothing in a duffle bag: water proof gloves, warm hat which can cover ears, waterproof jacket and pants, heavy socks. (3 scouts and 5 adults will be also bring their own ski/snowboard equipment, others will get rental gear at Winterplace)
- Bring what is needed for night at hotel: sleeping clothes, toothbrush, etc.
- Quarters for locker use ($2 or $3 in quarters are needed as 4 are used each time you lock up your shoes, duffle bag, etc.)
- Cash for buying snacks/hot drinks/dinner. Scouts should eat dinner Saturday at the ski lodge and change clothes before we depart for home.
- We expect to leave Winterplace by 8pm after skiing, and if good weather return to Oak Ridge about midnight on Saturday evening.
An equipment rental form is attached if you need one. We will also have them available to fill out at Winterplace.